Info about ECW Cup semi finals with Tottenham in 1963

Sve stare, glupe i ostale stvari koje ne zaslužuju posebnu pažnju...
Mozez
novajlija
novajlija

Info about ECW Cup semi finals with Tottenham in 1963

Post by Mozez »

Hello all OFK fans,

My name is Paul Morris and I am a Tottenham Hotspur fan who has been living in Brno in the Czech Republic for 8 years now.

I have an idea to write a book about the cities, players, stadia, matches and clubs from ex-Communist countries (Belgrade, Arad, Bucharest, Prague, Zabrze, Leipzig, Split, Tbilisi and Bratislava) whom Tottenham played in various European competitions from the 60s to the 80s. Needless to say, OFK Belgrade was the creme de la creme in the former Yugoslavia in the 1960s and 1970s and contained some great players, many of whom are alive to this day.

To give the book a first hand feel, I would like to visit Belgrade and get some interviews with surviving players from those matches with Tottenham in 1963. I would like to get information not only about the games, but also about their memories of Tottenham in general, as well as perhaps some background about football in the former Yugoslavia and OFK Belgrade, its growth, development etc.

I would be very grateful if someone could provide me with any photodocumentation from the Tottenham matches as well as OFK team lineups.

Does anyone think it would be possible to get some interviews with OFK players who took part in those Tottenham games?

If someone who reads this can help in any way, I would really appreciate it.

Many thanks and best regards

Paul Morris

NekoIzMase
junior
junior

Re: Info about ECW Cup semi finals with Tottenham in 1963

Post by NekoIzMase »

http://www.blueunionbelgrade.com/forum/ ... &start=105

Here you can find line ups from match program, perhaps "Booze Brothers" can make it bigger for you.

Booze Brothers
glavni internet kezualac Srbije...

Post by Booze Brothers »

I don't have bigger version and for interview I think Samardzic,Milovanovic and Gugleta are in Srbia in present time...maby that can be arranged by someone...
I'll try to find something more interesting things about those matches...
'63. OFK Beograd-Juventus 2-1
Ofka till I die
Nezvanični sajt OFK Beograda
Sačuvajmo Omladinski stadion!

Booze Brothers

Post by Booze Brothers »

White Hart Lane, London.

Start of the 2nd leg of European Cup Winners Cup semi-final football match between Tottenham Hotspur and O.F.K. Belgrade at White Hart Lane. GV. as O.F.K. kick off wearing striped shirts against Spurs who are in white. SV. Crowd. GV. Midfield play as Spurs player kicks the ball forward. Bobby Smith races for the ball, Blagoje Vidinic rushes out of goal, beats Smith to the ball and kicks clear on the edge of the penalty area. CU. Boy in crowd. GV. O.F.K. attacking, the ball drops towards the Spurs goal, Bill Brown punches out and the ball comes out on the right wing. GV. Spasoje Samardzic kicks the ball back into the centre, it is headed out. O.F.K. player gets the ball on the left wing, centres but the ball is cleared. SV. Crowd. GV. White with the ball, he beats Dragoljub Maric, shoots, but the ball just goes wide. CU. Boy in crowd. GV. Dave Mackay with the ball, he shoots and the ball goes into the net for Spurs' first goal. Score Tottenham Hotspur 1, O.F.K. Belgrade 0. GV. Crowd cheering.

GV. O.F.K. attacking, ball is passed out to the right wing and centred. The ball goes to an O.F.K. player who shoots at goal. Josip Skoblar intercepts it, turns and shoots into goal, the ball enters net. Score 1-1. SV. Crowd. GV. Spurs attacking on the right wing, the ball is centred. SV. The ball comes to Vidinic and Mackay jumps for it. Vidinic gets the ball, pushes it away, runs forward and gathers the ball. SCU. Crowd. GV. The ball coming in from the right, Mackay chests it down. Terry Dyson runs onto the ball shoots, the ball goes into the net. Score 2-1 for Spurs. SV. Crowds cheering.

GV. Crowd at half time. GV. Spurs kick off and O.F.K. start attack. LV. O.F.K. player takes a shot, Bill Brown comes out and catches it. CU. Man in crowd. GV. Spurs attacking in the O.F.K. goal area but the ball is cleared to the left wing.

GV. The ball is centred back from the left wing and Bobby Smith dives and heads the ball into the net for Spurs' third goal. Pan with the players as they congratulate Smith. LV. Crowds cheering. SV. Stojan Milosev attacks down the left wing and passes the ball into the centre. There is a scuffle for the ball and then an O.F.K. player takes a shot. GV. His shot goes just over the bar.

CU. Boy swinging rattle. GV. Spurs attacking again. The ball is centred from the right wing. It is headed by a Spurs player to Mackay who chests the ball towards goal but it hits the post and comes out to play again. LV. Cliff Jones arguing with an O.F.K. player and the referee pulls them apart so do other Spurs players including Mackay who threatens the O.F.K. player. CU. Boy laughing.

LV. O.F.K. attacking on the right wing, the ball is centred across goal. GV. The centre goes past the goal but an O.F.K. player kicks it back over the head closer to goal. Dragan Gugleta takes a shot but the ball goes just outside the post. SV. Boys in crowd. GV. Pan as players walk off the field congratulating each other. Final score Tottenham Hotspur 3, O.F.K. Belgrade 1.

http://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=43273

and more stuff that you are interesting in...
Ofka till I die

Booze Brothers

Post by Booze Brothers »

ne znam da li je neko sacuvao slike koje sam postavio sa ove tekme,sada su ti linkovi neaktivni...ja ih nisam sacuvao na zalost...

Ofka till I die

Booze Brothers

Post by Booze Brothers »

aha...evo mogu i slike da se skidaju...dugme stills...

Can you tell me more about the "Preview Stills" option?

This is the quickest and easiest way to "preview" a clip. You are presented with a "storyboard" of "stills". These were created in the encoding process every second, although the defauilt setting on the window shows a still every 5 seconds. A full page of stills therefore represents 50 seconds of material.

These images can be viewed in greater volumes per page by using the boxes in the navigation bar just above the storyboard. Each image can also be enlarged by simply clicking on the still to launch a new window, which will also give you the option to buy a "clean" enhanced version of the image. This can be utilised for "personal" use only, unless an extended licence is obtained from info@britishpathe.com
Ofka till I die

Booze Brothers

Post by Booze Brothers »

OFK Belgrade 1 Spurs 2 European Cup Winners’ Cup Semi-Final (1st Leg)
Spurs took the lead in this tie after 25 minutes when John White volleyed home a shot after Bobby Smith had nodded down a Tony Marchi free kick. OFK equalised nine minutes before half time from the penalty spot. Into the second half Spurs continued to attack but they lost Jimmy Greaves who was unluckily sent off after 55 minutes. Not deterred, Spurs continued to push forward and took the lead when Terry Dyson scored with twenty minutes left. Greaves was the first Spurs player to be sent off in over 39 years. On the night, Greaves was consoled by the Spurs trainer, Cecil Poynton, who had been the last player dismissed all those years earlier.
Ofka till I die

Mozez
novajlija
novajlija

Post by Mozez »

Guys, absolutely brilliant, thank you. I will be in touch about those interviews.

Mozez
novajlija
novajlija

Post by Mozez »

Booze Brothers, would you have access to the line up for the OFK team for the home leg in Belgrade?

Booze Brothers

Post by Booze Brothers »

sorry,I dont have that...I'll try to find...
and Mozez...could you send me Starobrno or some other domestik beer like that... :cheese:
Ofka till I die

Mozez
novajlija
novajlija

Post by Mozez »

No problem whatsoever. What do you prefer? pilsner, dark beer, half and half, just say the word. Starobrno and some other local beers?

Booze Brothers

Post by Booze Brothers »

:cheers: relax...
Ofka till I die

Mozez
novajlija
novajlija

Post by Mozez »

I now have the lineups for the Spurs game in Belgrade. Can someone confirm they are okay?

OFK: Vidinic, Milovanovic, Gavric, Maric, Krivokuca, Gugleta, Samardzic, Popov, Antic, Banovic, Skoblar

many thanks

Mozez

Booze Brothers

Post by Booze Brothers »

as I say I don't have correct line up,but this is very possible team(Maybe He Didn't Play than :? )...can you put whole line ups...?
Ofka till I die

Mozez
novajlija
novajlija

Post by Mozez »

24.04.63 Belgrade OFK: Vidinic, Milovanovic, Gavric, Maric, Krivokuca, Gugleta, Samardzic, Popov, Antic, Banovic, Skoblar.
TH: Brown, Baker, Henry, Marchi, Norman, Mackay, Greaves, John Smith, Bobby Smith, White, Dyson.

01.05.63 London TH: Brown, Baker, Henry, Blanchflower, Norman, Marchi, Jones, White, Smith, Mackay, Dyson.
OFK: Vidinic, Milovanic, Gavric, Maric, Krivokuca, Gugleta, Samardzic, Popov, Milosevic, Skoblar, Banovic.